Our guesthouse evolved from a daydream Rachel had while walking along a coastal path on the Isle of Purbeck. Having successfully run the art school with Martin for several years and hosted painting holidays in Brittany, Cornwall and Dorset, Rachel had the idea of creating a beautiful guesthouse. She imagined a house decorated with original oil paintings that people could enjoy and be inspired by. Martin loved the idea that the art studio could then offer a wide range of residential courses. This combined with their love of Dorset, coastal life and Rachel’s nurturing qualities, led us to growing and developing this business into the oasis by the sea that you see today. We hope you agree and love your stay as much as we love hosting you.
It’s our goal to become as environmentally friendly and sustainable as we can, and ask that you support us with this during your stay. We feel it is crucial to protect this natural beauty we are blessed to be living in. Are you an RSPB member? We sometimes have special offers for members, so please tell us at the point of booking.
Part of our ethos is to use local produce whenever feasible, and support other local businesses. For example, the toiletries in your en-suites are handmade in Dorset and the beautiful aromatherapy candles come from the local high street Southbourne Grove.
We Love Local
These are some of the lovely suppliers that contribute to your stay:
- Julie and her Love To Be team make the gorgeous vegan handmade toiletries.
- Nellie Mimosa create our organic aromatherapy candles handmade from plant wax. They have a lovely gift shop on the local high street too!
- Bridie & Paul deliver local eggs, tomatoes and potatoes for your breakfasts.
- Scottie delivers your handmade, locally sourced sausages and bacon.
- TD Fruits are a fabulous traditional greengrocers on the high street that provide us with our fruit and vegetables.
- Taz, Barry and the team at Capricorn support us with their laundry services.
- Graca, our wonderful Portuguese cleaner, gives us a break on Friday mornings by cleaning the rooms.
- And Steven, our kind son, thoroughly vacuums the rooms daily.